Any Ideas For A Double Graduation-Birthday Cake?

Decorating By kkmcmahan Updated 16 May 2016 , 4:03pm by carolinecakes

kkmcmahan Posted 15 May 2016 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 4

Hoping some of you can help give me ideas for this cake.  My granddaughter graduated from High School, received her Associates of Science degree and it is her 18th birthday.  The party for all is next Saturday.  I work full time and am also doing a cake for a retirement that weekend so I need to start baking today.  the only idea I have so far is to make 3 gum paste hats (luckily the graduation caps are different colors) to decorate a 10X15 cake.  If anyone has any suggestions that wouldn't be too time consuming I would appreciate it; really want this cake to be special.  Thanks

3 replies
carolinecakes Posted 15 May 2016 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 4

Saw this on pinterest, not my cake, instead of the books, you could put the graduation cap, and a standing no. "18". How time consuming really depends on your skill level. The books are a nice tough if you have time. IMHO

900_any-ideas-for-a-double-gr_913201573897f296bc0.png

kkmcmahan Posted 16 May 2016 , 9:15am
post #3 of 4

Thanks, this helps, I like the side border a lot.  Appreciate you taking the time to reply!

carolinecakes Posted 16 May 2016 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 4

When CC is buggy I go to Pinterest for inspiration. Take lots of pics and give us look of  your finished cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%