Wedding Cske Help Please!

Decorating By jodie-k Updated 15 May 2016 , 12:21am by -K8memphis

jodie-k Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jodie-k Posted 15 May 2016 , 12:03am
post #1 of 3

I am making a 3 tier wedding cake with cream cheese frosting.  The wedding is Friday, and I was planning on decorating the cake on Thursday and keeping it in the refrigerator until I deliver it.  But as I look into it more, I have found people suggesting not to refrigerate because of sweating?  But the icing does require refridgeration.  It would be a stretch, but I suppise it would be possible to fo it on Friday...  Does anyone have any auggestions on this?  If I do refrigerate it, how long before the reception should I take it out?  Thank you do much for any help!!!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 May 2016 , 12:18am
post #2 of 3

you have to keep cream cheese icing refrigerated or the bacteria goes berserk -- still tastes/looks good but can pack a wallop to the elderly, the very young and to the already infirm -- and nobody wants that of course --

when i do a cream cheese thing i deliver at the last possible moment all discussed in advance at the consult -- 'nobody panic because the cake is arriving when the shindig starts -- don't worry it's to provide the safest food' -- and also the bride knows to serve quickly -- don't wait for hours 

you should try & test it in your fridge before you put your whole magnum opus in there -- everybody's fridge is different and the weather and the recipes so it pays to run a trial in all your own circumstances -- it's like a nice prozac to know in advance that all these things will work in harmony with your plans -- it's the gift you give yourself 

i fridge all my cakes -- all the ones i sold anyway

i wouldn't worry about it warming up -- i never do

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 May 2016 , 12:21am
post #3 of 3

i mean you need to worry about how long it is out of the fridge -- how long it is out of temp -- rather than worry about how to warm it up -- cakes comes to room temp very quickly especially within minutes after it is sliced -- no worries there --

if you're in a competition with mof's, masters of the master chefs in france doing the judging -- sweat the serving temp otherwise -- it's ok --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%