Tres Leche Cake

Baking By NanaCin Updated 14 May 2016 , 2:40am by remnant3333

NanaCin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaCin Posted 13 May 2016 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make a tres leche cake for a birthday.  I have never made this before and wanted to see if I can make this the day before.  If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. 

3 replies
Ashchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashchi Posted 13 May 2016 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 4

Bake your favourite Vanilla cake n soak the cake with 3 milk mixture of condensed Milk, evaporated milk and whole milk. 1 tin of each n 1 or 2 cups of whole milk (depending on your cake size)ratio stir well poke the cake with fork n pour the mixture n let it sit in the fridge overnight n decorate the next morning. This cake is not good for fondant since it has lot of moisture in it n it cannot be stacked. It's only good for sheet n round cakes. Whipped icing or pastry pride is best topping for this cake. It'll be light n rich.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 13 May 2016 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 4

That cake is so moist that I don't see any problem why you couldn't make it ahead. I've even frozen it in portions and it turned out still great and moist after thawing it.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 14 May 2016 , 2:40am
post #4 of 4

I made the recipe on line for Tres leche cake Bon Appetite. I actually made three 9 x 13 layers. First layer I put mandarin oranges mixed with whip cream. Second layer I put peaches with whip cream. Top layer I put strawberries and pineapple with kiwi fruit. I made the Wilton stabilized whip cream which I was able to pipe with and color it. Other times when I made the whip cream I took strawberries and mixed them up in blender and mixed in with whip cream. Talk about tasting good!!! It was awesome. 

The family I made this for said it tasted better than any tres leche cake that they had bought in the Mexican bakeries. They were from Latin America. I made this for them free and did not charge them as a favor since I only bake as a hobby.

I tried making one before with vanilla cake and all the milk makes the cake  fall apart which is why you can only do one layer.   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%