Do People Actually Eat These Cakes???

Decorating By grammysusan Updated 30 Sep 2005 , 4:45pm by Keliames

grammysusan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammysusan Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 6

I just bought a wonder mold pan to make a doll cake for my granddaughter, then I got to wondering how it should be cut for serving, then I got to wondering if people actually ate the cake or just used it as a centerpiece and had another one on standby to consume. Any thoughts or experience with the wonder mold?

5 replies
charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 6

Yes, I can assure you they eat them...I have made 3 of them...2 are featured in my photo gallery (check them out!). They just pull the doll out, and slice it like you would any other cake. Only makes about 12 servings, so you might need something on standby as backup. Have fun!

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 6

Hello,
Whenever I have made a doll cake I tell my customer to take the doll out, cut the cake in half vertically and then lay the two pieces cut side down and cut them that way. It seems to be the easiest way.
HTH,
Heather

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 6

The people around me definately eat them. I cut mine the same way as HeatherMari, it cuts up very nice and easy that way. I usually place it on a tier to have enough cake for everyone. I also have it on its own cakeboard so each level may be taken off and easily sliced, I have one like this in my photos.

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 6

I made a doll cake this past weekend. The adults at the party wanted slices of the tiers underneath because they had filling (cookies and cream-yum!), but the kids happily ate the Wondermold cake--they liked the fondant skirt petals on it.

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 6

Hollypj,

Your cake looks great! That is a good idea to put it on a tiered cake. I would not have thought of that. Thanks, Keli

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%