Hey Guys, Im looking for a nutella buttercream recipe that isn't tooo sweet. Any suggestions?
1 lb (4 sticks) unsalted butter (room temp.)
13 oz of Nutella
2¾ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Place the butter and Nutella in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
2. Beat on medium-high for 3 minutes.
3. Add the powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time.
4. Add the vanilla once all the powdered sugar has been incorporated.
5. Beat on medium for another 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
6. Reduce speed to low for 1 minute. This helps to smooth the icing and release any air bubbles.
I add Nutella to taste. And to whatever buttercream I use. America buttercream is very sweet for my taste so ideally I would add it to meringue or cooked buttercream.
Start with maybe 1/4 cup Nutella and taste. You can always add more...