Cake Servings

Business By sweet_cravings Updated 13 May 2016 , 7:52pm by joeyww12000

sweet_cravings Posted 11 May 2016 , 1:41am
post #1 of 4

Hello all

i know this topic might have discussed many times but I always got different cake serving charts  

what's is the best & reliable cake serving hart for non-wedding / celebration party occasion? I have been trying many and landup giving lot of cake that getting a feedback kinda "cake was so much even after 2nd servings to some that may be we should have ordered less to save $$" 

i don't want this opinion/ feedback to float around & people ordering less.  Or in future people depend on this & landup finishing all without covering all guests .. 

I alwyas have that fear factor that cake shouldn't be less when I'm charging high  

please help me & share your tried & tested (all the time) cake serving chart for parties  (not wedding) 

tia 

3 replies
Jinkies Posted 11 May 2016 , 1:58am
post #2 of 4

When people think of an 8" cake, they think it'll probably serve 10-15 people.  And, a grocery store cake might.  But, a custom cake is usually a lot taller then a grocery store cake and a lot heavier and richer.  When your cake is 4-5 inches tall, you don't need a wide slice.  If your using quality ingredients and fillings, ganaches, etc, a little piece goes a long way.  The piggiest of cake eaters can't usually eat a huge piece.

I use the standard wedding servings, even for party cakes. An 8" cake has 24 servings, 10" has 38 servings, etc.  I've never had anyone say that they did not have enough cake.  I always ask my clients what else they are serving at their party (dinner or just cake, etc).  If they are serving a big dinner or are having other desserts, I always advise them to get less cake.  

Maybe, make a printout of cake servings and how to properly cut a custom cake so that your clients can see they will have enough and not feel like they need to order more.

costumeczar Posted 11 May 2016 , 2:21am
post #3 of 4

I take the two most popular wedding cake serving charts and tell people a range of servings for each cake size, but I definitely use wedding cake servings for everything.

joeyww12000 Posted 13 May 2016 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 4

I for one can eat a big slice...lol...I do 6"-8, 8"-16, 10"-24 when I price. I always stay on the low end of the servings chart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%