How To Display Wedding Cake Directly On Cake Pedestal/stand.

Decorating By Ecrisitne_10 Updated 9 May 2016 , 9:05pm by Ecrisitne_10

Ecrisitne_10 Posted 9 May 2016 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 3

Hello!!

When using a cake stand for a 3 tiered wedding cake ((for instance mine will be a 14in round, wooden stand on pedestal legs)) how would you keep the cake from sliding around on the stand while delivering? I know it will be somewhat heavy & it will have a dowel all the way through, but the middle tier will be made of styrofoam. I was thinking I would place the bottom tier (a 10in round) on the same sized cardboard, and maybe cut a small square rug "non-stick" to place beneath it? I just don't want to use a fondant drum/board the same size as the cake stand, because I'd like to be able to display the stand as well ((as opposed to covering it with the drum)).

The size of the cake will be a 6in, 8in, 10in round! (middle being 6in high and styrofoam) 

Any recommendations?? 

Thanks!

2 replies
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2016 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 3

Transport it separately from the stand, there's no way that you should transport a cake on a footed stand! You can put it on a board that's the same size then put a non-skid mat under that and on a second,larger board so that you can carry it. Put it on the stand at the reception site and finish any borders there.

I've arrived at receptions where the stands were left for me and I've refused to put the cake on them, too. Some footed stands are so unstable it would be asking for a cake crash if you actually put a cake on them!

Ecrisitne_10 Posted 9 May 2016 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 3

Quote by @costumeczar on 6 minutes ago

Transport it separately from the stand, there's no way that you should transport a cake on a footed stand! You can put it on a board that's the same size then put a non-skid mat under that and on a second,larger board so that you can carry it. Put it on the stand at the reception site and finish any borders there.

I've arrived at receptions where the stands were left for me and I've refused to put the cake on them, too. Some footed stands are so unstable it would be asking for a cake crash if you actually put a cake on them!

That's very true! I've done it before, but I'm thinking of ways to make it less stressful on myself...How would you then transfer the cake onto the cake stand/pedestal if the board beneath the cake is the same size as the bottom tier? How would you do this without putting fingers into the cake?

Thank you so much for the advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%