Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes?

Baking By TCupcakes Updated 8 May 2016 , 10:20pm by SimplyIcedCC

TCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TCupcakes Posted 8 May 2016 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 2

So I bought strawberry shortcake cupcakes from stop and shop which they make it fresh there. I decided to buy em because they looked "fresh" not artificial, if that makes any sense. So fast forward to trying it. The whipped cream frosting is the perfect consistency, (its not to soft as the cream cheese whipped cream frosting). It has a good full mouth feel. I looked onto the label ingredients and it mentioned non fat dry milk, so im assuming that is added to the whipped cream. 

Has anyone tried to incorporate non fat dry milk with heavy cream? Any good recipes?

Also the strawberries in the middle are with some glaze, which taste good, not fake at all. I attempted to make my own before by cooking the strawberries and creating a puree but it had a weird taste to it. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

1 reply
SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 8 May 2016 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 2

Sounds yummy, strawberry shortcake is in season now!

As for the whipped cream, you can use 1 tablespoon of nonfat dry milk to 1 cup of whipping cream as the stabilizer :) It works great! For the strawberries, you can use strawberries/cornstarch/sugar/water :) Each person does it differently. Some puree it, some leave chunks of strawberries; it all really just depends on what you like!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%