Cake Trouble

Baking By Mrz.cherrri Updated 10 May 2016 , 2:03am by Mrz.cherrri

Mrz.cherrri Posted 7 May 2016 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 3

Okay so i just baked a cake in two separate 8 inch pans one i used  bake even strips and one i didnt. The one with thr bake even strips looks perfect expect for when i go to take it out thr pan the edges around the cake are sticky like the cake needs to cook some more. I checked thr middle before taking it out and it was fine. 

Any suggestions of what could of happened and what i can do.

2 replies
bakemeenchanted Posted 7 May 2016 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 3

Hey there! That happens to me too with certain recipes.

What I understand is that the bake even strips cool down the sides of the pan so the sides take longer to cook than the centre: the opposite of what usually happens. That prevents doming but can also sometimes result in uncooked sides.

So I just remove the strips from the pan when the cakes have about 5  minutes or so left to bake. They've already risen as much as they will by then.

At thus point if your cake is already cooled I don't think there's much you can do. I suppose you could try popping it back in the oven for 5 minutes or so. I have never tried that so I can't say what the result will be like.

But if it's for a client and really bad, like raw, I would just bake a new layer. Hope this helps!

Mrz.cherrri Posted 10 May 2016 , 2:03am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your advise bakemeenchanted .

I ended up putting it in the fridge and it somewhat got a bit harder.  I was for a family member for a bake sale so it was kind of important that it hold up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%