Looking For Video - Making Gp Rose From Circles

Decorating By kakeladi Updated 7 May 2016 , 12:03am by Creativeconfectioner

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 May 2016 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 8

I've done a bit of searching on Youtube but can't find the one I remember.  You make circles, lay they down in a straight line, overlapping a bit then roll the whole thing up.  Somehow it forms a rose.  Anyone know the one I think I remember? :)

7 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 5 May 2016 , 12:06am
post #2 of 8

Well I've already PM'd you, but I'll repeat for the forum, @costumeczar ‍ has one, Edna De La Cruz has one, and that's my only memory for names.

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 5 May 2016 , 12:37am
post #3 of 8

This might help, no video, but good picture tutorial.....

http://www.duitang.com/blog/?id=112771518

kakeladi Posted 5 May 2016 , 2:22am
post #4 of 8

Aahhhh Carolinecakes that's what I was thinking of - or at least the technique I was picturing in my mind :)   Thanks very much.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 5 May 2016 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 8

Back in the "olden days" (2007 or so smile.png) people here on Cake Central referred to these as Duff Roses (or something similar - Duff Rolled Roses, Duff Goldman roses etc.). 

He may not have invented them, but someone saw him doing them on his original series Ace of Cakes. If you Google variations of that, the search will bring up some, but there was one here on Cake Central that I always remembered.

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/1149096/duff-goldman-rose-how-to

kakeladi Posted 5 May 2016 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 8

PattyT that's what I was looking for.  

BTW:  the "olden days" 2007??   Hon,I go back to 1980!!  Yes, I started decorating in 1980 by making my daughter's wedding cake - never having made but a simple b'day cake prior.  

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 6 May 2016 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 8

Haha Kakeladi...I'm no "spring chicken" myself!   I was actually referring to the early days here on Cake Central.

I'm like you - my first cake was my own wedding cake in 1980.  It was a dummy cake with cornelli lace and purchased royal icing roses.  Wish I had a picture of it now... but got rid of most pics after we divorced. 

Kept baking through the years, but just got into serious decorating around 2007.  Hooked for life now.

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 7 May 2016 , 12:03am
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%