Question

Lounge By alyshascustomcakes Updated 3 May 2016 , 3:01am by cakebaby2

alyshascustomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alyshascustomcakes Posted 2 May 2016 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 7

Recently on Facebook there was a girl who posted a bunch of pictures of cakes saying she makes them. Someone asked if she made the ones in the pictures she said yes, all but two. The lady noticed there was a pintrest username in one of the pics and she looked it up, there were one of the cakes. After the girl that posted the pictures was confronted she deleted the posted and blocked the lady, now the lady has on here to watch out for the girl, the girls trying to lie about saying she made the cakes except two but before post was deleted a screen shot of the post was taken. She's now saying she posted them to get customers and help them get ideas. Am I the only one who feels this isn't ok? She only has ones she actually made up now though she says she did, but on her page for cakes she still has them all up.

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2016 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 7

there are zillions of things in the world that are not ok with me -- it would consume my entire life to talk about them all much less police them -- if your cake picture is not among the ones in questions i would not worry about it --

in the 70's, 80's and 90's pre internet days wilton put out a yearbook that everyone used to make look alike or similar cakes that were photographed and put into personal portfolios it's just how it was done --

then the internet brought about all of us posting our own pictures that we have rights to and yes some peeps get sticky fingers with it but life goes on -- it's kind of a blend of the two and it's not right to use them without permission but i say just watch out for your pictures -- getting a posse together after her is creepy 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2016 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 7

*question

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 May 2016 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 7

I just spent four days dealing with this, and I have no patience for it. If someone is saying that they made the cakes and are taking other people's pictures, of course that's both lying and illegal. If the owner of the photo files a DMCA request their internet service provider can take her website down until she removes the photos. However, only the owner of the photos can request that it be done. It's one thing to put up photos and say they're inspiration, but to tell people that you made them is another matter.

There's a woman near me who's a complete photo thief, but she takes people's pictures, cuts their watermarks off and then puts her own watermark onto the photos. That takes it to another level of jackassery. 

alyshascustomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alyshascustomcakes Posted 3 May 2016 , 12:03am
post #5 of 7

That's what I thought. I don't use anyone's photos unless someone don't have an idea of what they want, I screen shot it so they know it's not mine and I send a few asking what one they like best, if they want anything changed on it, and do what they ask for. The only photos I have on my page are ones that I've done, but she has hundreds on hers of one's she didn't do and you can tell. I told my bf I'm about to reverse look these up to prove she's fake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 May 2016 , 2:30am
post #6 of 7

Have you ever seen the site "Cakewrecks:?   If a customer orders from her most likely what she does create will end up there. You have to have the skill to copy someone else's work and have it look at least somewhat good.  In the end she will end up paying w/people posting what a crummy decorator she is.

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 3 May 2016 , 3:01am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @alyshascustomcakes on 2 hours ago

That's what I thought. I don't use anyone's photos unless someone don't have an idea of what they want, I screen shot it so they know it's not mine and I send a few asking what one they like best, if they want anything changed on it, and do what they ask for. The only photos I have on my page are ones that I've done, but she has hundreds on hers of one's she didn't do and you can tell. I told my bf I'm about to reverse look these up to prove she's fake.

I'm with K8 on this one, its not right to use someone else's pics and claim they are yours but unless she has stolen YOUR pics, you look like a serious stalker babygirl.

This is what happens when every gal with a hand mixer flogs cakes , to FB shoppers.

Undercutting doesn't work (penny finally drops) so trawling each other pages looking for "cheats" is the new sport?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%