Need Help

Baking By smile22 Updated 2 May 2016 , 4:20pm by ropalma

smile22 Posted 2 May 2016 , 11:21am
post #1 of 9

So I need some help I am making 120 cake pops I am using http://www.wilton.com/red-velvet-cake-with-cream-cheese-icing/WLRECIP-340.html this recipe I have these things called bake pop pans where you fill the well and bake and it bakes into the pop .I'm freaking out because I never did scratch cake pops in this pan and the original recipe that comes with pan says use cake mix and pudding package.

:do you think they won't ride if I don't use a cake mix box ? 

I have to make the balls tonight and I am freaking out 

8 replies
-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2016 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 9

well for going forward you need to test things out in advance --

for this time you'll probably be fine if you have a viable recipe and fresh ingredients including a little rum & coke, Prozac or valerian for yourself --

it's gonna be ok but plan it different next time -- best to you

smile22 Posted 2 May 2016 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 9

I decided to use a box mix and dr it I have fresh stuff for scratch cake so I will later on this week use it to make a nice red velvet cake for family I homes and hawed after writing this and decided that cake mix was the way I always went. I did try the Wilton recipe in a cake form and it worked well but since it's cake pops in  a specialized pan I don't want to risk it 

-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2016 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 9

good for you -- tried and true for the win! a new adventure is great but not when time is of the essence -- i'm calmer now as well but i'm sure it would have worked...probably :)

-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2016 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 9

good for you -- tried and true for the win! a new adventure is great but not when time is of the essence -- i'm calmer now as well but i'm sure it would have worked...probably :)

smile22 Posted 2 May 2016 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 9

Any ideas what I can do with two cartons of buttermilk now that the recipe is out of the question

I'll make some buttermilk busicutts 

and another cake 

but that will only be a few cups and I have 8 cups to use befor fit goes bad 

-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2016 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 9

substitute it for everything (except your coffee well maybe it's good in there too who knows haven't tried it hahaha) for everything you use milk in -- it tangs things up nicely -- i use it in american buttercream, in white sauce, in anything you put milk in -- make some salad dressing -- cheese dip -- soups

kakeladi Posted 2 May 2016 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 9

Buttermilk:   hummmmm I'd love to have a buttermilk milk shake about now :)  It makes a nice tangy milkshake.  I've used different flavors but the idea comes from an old restaurant in CA that featured a pineapple buttermilk shakes.  Of course it won 't use up much at a time but what fin you can have making lots of them :) 

ropalma Posted 2 May 2016 , 4:20pm
post #9 of 9

Buttermilk pie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%