Need Menu Ideas For 1-Day Food Stall

Lounge By farah Q Updated 3 May 2016 , 4:28pm by kakeladi

farah Q Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 8:14am
post #1 of 10

Hi guys, i need some help with brainstorming my menu for a 'dessert bar' stall that im going to be putting up at an event. Its going to be indoor and i may or may not have access to a refrigerator. 
I am going to be putting up baked desserts like tarts and thinking of doing individually served parfaits if i have access to a refrigerator. 
Im concerned about how to keep the baked goods fresh and what all can i put on my menu that will attract customers. I cannot do onsite assembling/baking/cooking. so everything will be prepared in advance and then displayed at the event location. 
Any and all ideas are welcome :) 

9 replies
LelekBolek Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 10:32am
post #2 of 10

What's the "weather" like in that space? Airconditioned?

Maybe pies, candy, merengue cookies, decorated Krispie treats. Petit fours. Macarons. Danishes, pinwheels, small pastry and sweet/salty pretzels? 

kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 10

You can make sooo many different things dipped in choco - white or regular.   Things like crackers (Ritz dipped in mint choco OH YUMMM; then saltines & others ); Oreos and many other plain cookies; all different kinds of nut clusters; mini marshmallows;  pretzels - broken ones into clusters & whole ones as is & rods, then simply decorated.  Dried fruits;  The possibilities are endless.    

farah Q Posted 2 May 2016 , 5:56am
post #4 of 10

The weather will be pleasant, not warm. i like the macaron idea but im no expert at that.

farah Q Posted 2 May 2016 , 5:57am
post #5 of 10

Thanks for all the ideas, im going to list them down and see which ones i can work with.

kakeladi Posted 2 May 2016 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 10

Just thought of something else.  PB&J fingers.  A slice of white bread; cut off crusts then roll flat; spread w/ PB&J; roll up and bake until light brown. (I do that in my toaster oven). OR you can do a similar thing using flour tortillas.   Many different flavor combinations can be used.  Strudels are great too.  Phylo dough makes them much easier but can be expensive.  

remnant3333 Posted 3 May 2016 , 12:46am
post #7 of 10

If you have glass cake plates with glass domes, you could also put whole cakes in them and cut a slice every time someone wants to buy a piece of cake. Of course, you would have to have small paper plates with plastic forks.  Buttercream made with part shortening and butter will hold up well on a cake. You probably would sell out quick because seeing it with the eyes will attract people and make them crave cake!! 

Good luck!!

farah Q Posted 3 May 2016 , 5:32am
post #8 of 10

yes im planning on keeping cake stands with domes. im not sure which cake i will be doing but i can also use them to display any of the other items.

Im still contemplating whether i should have a variety of desserts or just 2-3 really good ones that would make people go WOW.

LelekBolek Posted 3 May 2016 , 9:37am
post #9 of 10

I would go for quality over quantity. 2-3 really good ones, plus cake displays - sounds plenty to me. 

kakeladi Posted 3 May 2016 , 4:28pm
post #10 of 10

Hehe - how different we all are.  I probably would go for BOTH quality & quantity.   I don't think 2-3 is enough.

Also, not sure exactly what this event is like but in the past when I have done a few many of my sales were to other vendors (&/or their kids!) who wanted something to eat right then so be prepared to do individual sales.  The cake in a dome to slice is a good idea.  Have paper plates or big napkins to serve it on and maybe offer plastic spoons for them to eat with.  A few of those came at the end to buy something to take home w/them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%