Whipped Fresh Cream Icing Recipe For Vegetarians Can Stay Outside From Fridge For Several Hours

Decorating By mumscakes Updated 29 Apr 2016 , 7:37pm by Singerssoul

mumscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumscakes Posted 29 Apr 2016 , 10:41am
post #1 of 6

Hi All

I really need help I am eggless home baker need stabilised whipping cream icing recipe for vegetarians as client wants 16" square cake with safari theme iced with fresh whipped cream icing but I cannot chill cake in my American fridge freezer what do I do I need help!

5 replies
kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 29 Apr 2016 , 11:55am
post #2 of 6

I'm sure there will be someone more experienced that may have some ideas, but I don't think whipped cream can be left outside of refrigerator. Not only due to safety regulations and it having to stay below 41 degrees to keep bacteria down, but I would think Whipped cream frosting would melt faster.

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 29 Apr 2016 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 6

Quote by @mumscakes on 3 hours ago

Hi All

I really need help I am eggless home baker need stabilised whipping cream icing recipe for vegetarians as client wants 16" square cake with safari theme iced with fresh whipped cream icing but I cannot chill cake in my American fridge freezer what do I do I need help!

mumscake-Have you looked into aquafaba?  I know lots of vegans use it to make a vegan whipped, how long it will hold up might be ab issues but you could test that out.  Try looking here https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeganMeringue/ for more information. You also might find some folks there who can give you insight to how long the AF whipped cream lasts.

Singerssoul Posted 29 Apr 2016 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 6

I use it as an egg sub for meringue buttercream beautifully.  I imagine you could stabilize it like normal whipped cream using agar agar instead of gelatin. I think it will need to be kept cold though.  It is delicious once a bit of sugar is added and no one will know it isn't the real stuff.  But do check in with that group and they can definitively help you with this.  The best part is that it will be natural, without chemicals or preservatives!

Singerssoul Posted 29 Apr 2016 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 6

I use it as an egg sub for meringue buttercream beautifully.  I imagine you could stabilize it like normal whipped cream using agar agar instead of gelatin. I think it will need to be kept cold though.  It is delicious once a bit of sugar is added and no one will know it isn't the real stuff.  But do check in with that group and they can definitively help you with this.  The best part is that it will be natural, without chemicals or preservatives!

Singerssoul Posted 29 Apr 2016 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 6

oops sorry about that, didn't act like it took it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%