Wedding Cake Prices

Decorating By elipsis Updated 30 Apr 2016 , 11:11am by LelekBolek

elipsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elipsis Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 6

doubting my prices...what would you charge forn this wedding cake....

6 tiers 

18" hexagon dummy

16" round Orange cream cake with orange cream filling

14" hexagon Pistachio nut cake with pistacio nut filling 

12" round dummy 

10" lemon cake with fresh blueberry filling

8" Marble chocolate and yellow with butter cream filling

*all tiers are off white fondant covered and under fondant I am using white chocolate ganache per brides request. 1/2 of the tiers are detailed with hand piped lace.

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 6

I'd charge about $6-7 a serving for the  real tiers based on the fondant, hand piping and ganache, and $5-6 a serving for the dummy cakes since it takes just as long to decorate them as it does to decorate real cake. You'd have to figure out how many servings the dummy cakes would be if they were real, but you need to charge for those.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 6

It also depends on your market. 60 miles north of me the prices would be higher than that.

elipsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elipsis Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much costumeczar...I feel much better I quoted $6.00 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 12:04am
post #5 of 6

Yes, all of those are premium flavors - not 'everyday' fare so I think custom sugged prices are even a bit low but like she said it depends on where you are a great deal.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 11:11am
post #6 of 6

I would go with about $7 per serving, on a total of servings - dummies and all. depends on the area, of course. 

Personally, sounds like too many choices of flavors in one cake, especially if guests will be offered to make their selection. Then there is the risk of the "airplane tail section disappointment syndrome" - when you are seated there, and the flight attendant still asks you "Chicken, or fish?!", you say "chicken!", and hear "sorry, but we only have fish left!!"

In case of 4 flavors, "tail section" guests have 3 opportunities to strike out, before settling on the flavor they did not want :-)))

I was asked to do a 3-flavor, 3 tall tiers, but the bigger bottom two (simpler flavors) were to be served at the event, while the much smaller third tier, with more elaborate fillings and flavors, was to be displayed, then taken off and stashed/frozen away, for later, for a lesser number of guests.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%