How Should I Deliver My Orders?

Business By TCupcakes Updated 27 Apr 2016 , 11:52am by costumeczar

TCupcakes Posted 27 Apr 2016 , 3:32am
post #1 of 2

Im making a menu now basically testing recipes out. I plan to start my business within a year selling cupcakes. Im in Queens NY and I think from what read that I would need to apply for food licence and either have a store front or commercial kitchen. I was thinking starting from a commercial kitchen might be better, first building up a customer base. Now my question is I would have a website where cupcakes are made to an order. However Im tryin to figure out if I should some how mail them (like Georgetown cupcake) but am not a fan of the freezing process. Or Do I do delivery within my 5 boroughs? What would be cost and efficient friendly.

Any Advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

1 reply
costumeczar Posted 27 Apr 2016 , 11:52am
post #2 of 2

I'd stick with local delivery, since you're going to get into dealing with the FDA if you mail food out of state. If you're going to be working from a commercial kitchen that's one part that they'll require for mailing food, but it's just an added step and dealing with the federal government is no fun. I'd start with local deliveries and see where it goes from there. Or just ship in-state to start with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%