Trouble With A Fondant Ribbon Banner

Decorating By TheSconeRanger Updated 26 Apr 2016 , 11:04pm by kakeladi

TheSconeRanger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSconeRanger Posted 26 Apr 2016 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 3

So, I'm doing a cupcake cake for a first communion and the customer wants a ribbon to kind of flow over the cupcakes and I'll write on it. I'm trying to find a tutorial to make it, because I'm trying to get it done a little early. I can't really find any good videos or tutorials on it. Most I find are circus banners or ribboned bows. Do you guys have any tips or any tutorials that I'm just not finding?

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Apr 2016 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 3

i would just knead in some cornstarch so it sets up nice and dries well then cut it whatever width you want with a pizza cutter or exacto knife and just write on it and then prop it up on there -- not much to it kwim -- but i know if you've never done it it can be daunting -- but i guess that's my point -- you got this -- you could write on it with edible ink markers or pipe on it -- or use those alphabet cutters everyone uses nowadays --

and i would just toss it on after the cupcakes are frosted and assembled on the board -- it's easy

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Apr 2016 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 3

Are these cuppies arranged  tiered or just placed (sort of) flat on a base board?  K8's right, it should be a simple matter of rolling out the fondant, cutting w/a sharp knife, exacto, or pizza cutter.  Writing can be done before laying out or after depending on how it is arranged and what you use to write with (piped or written w/pen or letters used).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%