Buttercream Fondant

Decorating By jeanienne0402 Updated 27 Apr 2016 , 2:54pm by jeanienne0402

jeanienne0402 Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 4

I love this idea however, I tried it. It rolled ok and laid on the cake ok but as soon as u tug on the fondant it rips. So don't tug if u r using it just press it with a fondant smoother. I would like to see a recipe that works just like fondant but tastes like buttercream. There must be a better bonding agent. Any ideas?

3 replies
ropalma Posted 22 Apr 2016 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 4

I have used the rolled buttercream before and it did not work for me.  It was too greasy and it tore.

kakeladi Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 4

Years ago I had the original recipe (NO I did not create it)  for rolled b'cream but.......when I retired I sold off all my equipment and info so no longer can help.  There was a 'cure' for the greasiness - as I remember it involved making a 2nd batch w/some change then mixing the 2 together.  Rolled b'cream was 'invented' by some lady back around the 60s or 70s and if I remember right was printed in a now long defunct magazine "Mailbox News".   

jeanienne0402 Posted 27 Apr 2016 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 4

I recently used a rolled buttercream recipe and it tore on me too. However I used 10 oz Of fondant and it rolled great and did not compromise the tast. Also I found a rolled buttercream fondant from Michele foster on cake central and that one worked great. Give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%