Buttercream Fondant

Decorating By jeanienne0402 Updated 27 Apr 2016 , 2:54pm by jeanienne0402

jeanienne0402  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeanienne0402 Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 4

I love this idea however, I tried it. It rolled ok and laid on the cake ok but as soon as u tug on the fondant it rips. So don't tug if u r using it just press it with a fondant smoother. I would like to see a recipe that works just like fondant but tastes like buttercream. There must be a better bonding agent. Any ideas?

3 replies
 ropalma  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 22 Apr 2016 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 4

I have used the rolled buttercream before and it did not work for me.  It was too greasy and it tore.

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 4

Years ago I had the original recipe (NO I did not create it)  for rolled b'cream but.......when I retired I sold off all my equipment and info so no longer can help.  There was a 'cure' for the greasiness - as I remember it involved making a 2nd batch w/some change then mixing the 2 together.  Rolled b'cream was 'invented' by some lady back around the 60s or 70s and if I remember right was printed in a now long defunct magazine "Mailbox News".   

jeanienne0402  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeanienne0402 Posted 27 Apr 2016 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 4

I recently used a rolled buttercream recipe and it tore on me too. However I used 10 oz Of fondant and it rolled great and did not compromise the tast. Also I found a rolled buttercream fondant from Michele foster on cake central and that one worked great. Give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%