Getting The "wooops" - This Is The Only Forum I Can Get Into

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 25 Apr 2016 , 7:17pm by theresaf

kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 22 Apr 2016 , 1:51am
post #31 of 45

yes, I know it is a free forum and I am grateful this forum is still there. But I stand by my statement that is merely a consideratation thing. It would be nice for a short blurb that they are aware of the situation and are working on it. No different than if they were to shut it down. Just a nice thing to do.

Dar917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dar917 Posted 22 Apr 2016 , 4:49am
post #32 of 45

I'm a recent new member and am finding this site very frustrating to use. Slow and buggy as hell. At least it's letting me stay logged in now and it wasn't just a script allowance issue on my end. But I also got no response from the help desk about it. I'm sure there are other cake forums out there, I just don't know any others. (good ones that work?)

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Apr 2016 , 4:59am
post #33 of 45

Dar917~~Welcome.  This IS (was?) the "best" of the cake sites.  Yes, there are 'lots' of others, but CakeCentral offered the biggest national and international forum at no charge to cake newbies/fanatics.  Previously, Wilton offered a very different style of free forum that was very enjoyable, but that has recently disappeared. 

There are other European/UK sites you may wish to visit.  I just never felt the need since CakeCentral was already international.  About a year ago the hosts of this free site did a 'make-over' that has been buggy off and on ever since.   Certainly, this was not the outcome envisioned by the providers/owners of this site, but unfortunately, that is what has happened.

You may wish to try again in a couple of weeks and see if some of the bugs have been eliminated.  There are many fabulous, experienced people on this site who generously share their many years of cake wisdom.

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 22 Apr 2016 , 1:12pm
post #34 of 45

Nothing but this forum working again.  Oy!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 6:56pm
post #35 of 45

hey -- there's a new search feature being added/worked on here -- it's not perfect yet -- but it looks really cool if you need to go find something in posts -- it's not in the gallery yet -- but i see it on individual threads and for entire forums -- yay, jackie!

clap.png

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 8:50pm
post #36 of 45

Yep, nothing but error messages for about a week.  Are the moderators/owners even watching?

Apti Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 10:52pm
post #37 of 45

leah_s    Perhaps they are not receiving the 'help' messages.  Remember about a month ago when Heath said he had no idea there was a problem because it didn't show up on their end? 

Apti Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 10:58pm
post #38 of 45

I just telephoned the number on the home page and left a message for customer service to read this thread.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 7:05am
post #39 of 45

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know I have been programming like a mad-woman, and have rolled out a LOT of new code yesterday. I have not made any announcements officially yet, as I would like to watch and make sure everything is running smoothly.  I have made some updates to login, and also in the forum so that should help with some of the bugs there and getting the "whoops" page. You can also see some really big improvements in the Site search. You can also search within a forum thread now as well.

Apti Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 7:36am
post #40 of 45

Thank you, Jackie.  As stated above, I know that a 'buggy' forum is exactly the opposite of what you wanted.  I'm personally at about 3rd grade level using a computer, so I have no idea of what happened or why you attempted the "re-do" of the site as it was about a year ago.  After watching the news, apparently even top-secret government and corporate webs are not secure; I can't even imagine the vulnerabilities of this site.

I truly wish you and Heath and the other CakeCentral staff the very best in your efforts to keep this darling forum alive and kickin'.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 7:39am
post #41 of 45

@Apti thanks so much for that! I really, REALLY appreciate all of the feedback you and others send in regarding bugs, or likes/dislikes of new features.

Dar917 Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 7:41am
post #42 of 45

Yeah, now I'm getting the error message trying to post to the Friday Night Cake Club thread. Grrr.

Dar917 Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 7:43am
post #43 of 45

Yeah, now it seems to be eating any replies I try to post in the forums. Grrrr.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Apr 2016 , 6:24pm
post #44 of 45

the search feature is rocking!

now you can get to the additional pages for a search for "green wedding cakes" -- 

in recipes could not get to pages 823 & 824 but you can advance three or more pages at a time and i got to more than 25 pages of 'wasc'  recipes -- could go farther 3 at a time and you could probably get to those last pages if you needed to (but who would -- ha!)

blogs searches well as does tutorials -- the members names are not searchable at this point but give it a few -- jackie is always busy tinkering tweaking it -- waging war on spammers and quietly behind the scenes keeping the light on for us -- 

THANK YOU JACKIE!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 25 Apr 2016 , 7:17pm
post #45 of 45

So far so great!  And I was even able to log in reply to a post on my first try! 

Thanks Jackie!

T

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%