Getting The "wooops" - This Is The Only Forum I Can Get Into

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 25 Apr 2016 , 7:17pm by theresaf

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 45

Is anyone else having problems reaching other forums besides the lounge?  It's been like this for at least 24 hrs now.

44 replies
640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 45

I can't get into decorating, but I can get into the other areas/forums.

kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 45

I just found I can get into the 'featured threads' on the home page but still can't access the whole forum of where they are posted :(

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 45

did you put a ticket in to "help?"

-K8memphis Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 45

y'know i mean the help desk up there ^^^ on purple banner ^^^

-K8memphis Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 45

another way to get in is to go to someone's profile and look up all their posts -- a list of your own or anybody's

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 45

Yes I could not get into decorating, could get into others, not all forums. Finally just went into my profile and then took hours to post some pics.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 45

worried.png I'm so discouraged by the complete loss of the Wilton forum (my second love after Cake Central) and by the re-model of CakeCentral. 

I used to spend hours on these forums and now.... sniff...sniff...worried.png.... nothing.  The loss of the Wilton forum broke my heart and Wilton didn't even have the courtesy (or guts???) to respond to the many, many requests for answers.  Extremely rude customer loyalty repayment by the Wilton corporation.

CakeCentral was my "only hope" and it has become so difficult to use ever since the re-do that now I just figure, "forgetaboutit" and have ceased trying.  Although I know this was probably the last outcome desired by Jackie and Heath, it has been a disaster.    Every time a problem is identified by users and Heath and Jackie try to paste a fix, another 12 problems seems to pop-up. 

I owe so much to both forums for all the help I received as a newbie in 2010 through 2015 and I am extraordinarily grateful that both of these forums were user friendly during my learning curve.

I LOVE so many of you long-time, experienced bakers who have freely shared your love of decorating with others!  Losing the forums is like losing friends--I miss you.

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!!!

-K8memphis Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 45

love you too, aptii

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 9:30pm
post #10 of 45

Mystery of the exodus, really not a mystery.

maybe the change will evolve into something different, perhaps better in time.  Who knows.  I still miss people pumping my gas for me at the gas stations;  the lovely travel agent ladies that used to set up all of my vacations trouble free;  phone calls and coffee klatches rather than lazy e-mail notes; and just one kind of Oreo cookie on the grocery store shelf.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 9:41pm
post #11 of 45

Sorry to say you left out that it still takes 47 tries to log in - even after it says you're logged in --- until you want to reply to a post! I've "ticketed" it multiple times.  I really miss the ease of use here!  I still check in but less so and I stopped posting photos long ago. I've definitely learned alot by reading all the information shared by all and some of my favorites kissing_heart.png

I hope some of the features we all came to love come back someday....

T

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 10:39pm
post #12 of 45

I'm back to the Whoops page too. It had gone away for a while but now it's back...

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 10:45am
post #13 of 45

This is awful, so frustrating.  This is all I can get into today.  I can't even get in the the posts on the front page- which has never happened before.  Some poor soul is screaming for help so hopefully someone can get in and see what they need.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 12:07pm
post #14 of 45

Quote by @MBalaska on 14 hours ago

Mystery of the exodus, really not a mystery.

maybe the change will evolve into something different, perhaps better in time.  Who knows.  I still miss people pumping my gas for me at the gas stations;  the lovely travel agent ladies that used to set up all of my vacations trouble free;  phone calls and coffee klatches rather than lazy e-mail notes; and just one kind of Oreo cookie on the grocery store shelf.

smiley.png

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 4:31pm
post #15 of 45

ah, now I cannot access Baking and Decorating.  Annoying....

rollingstone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rollingstone Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 5:19pm
post #16 of 45

Yes me too!! I sent cake central a message, but it is still not fixed!

kakeladi Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 6:25pm
post #17 of 45

It has now been about 48 hours since I keep getting the frustrating message :(

K8 I remember someone (you?) saying about clicking on a poster's name but I want to see ALL the new posts and some of the olds ones for posted answers.   How else can we help those screaming for info?  It's all about helping out :)   I did go to the help page and sent a message.....I understand it takes time to fix 'bugs' like this but........I feel left out :( :(

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 11:50am
post #18 of 45

So this is where everyone is hanging out!  I didn't bother trying to get into any of the threads because all I got was Whoops everywhere.  I am having a touch of "want to read about cakes" so persevered and ended up here.  I wanted to say something about the Hatching Turtle cake but it won't let me, so I will say it here.  The cake is amazing but I just couldn't bring myself to cut open a baby turtle ie kill the baby turtle.  Baby turtles are cute.  Hmmm I am having cake chat withdrawals aren't I?

-K8memphis Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 1:13pm
post #19 of 45

lynne -- the "all posts" is broken -- i just gave another way to peruse the forum -- another gateway to get in -- and you can go into all your old posts too and whatever 

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 2:10pm
post #20 of 45

I just sent in another 'help' ticket and asked that they post some sort of message on the home page to let us know what's happening / they're working on it / something!  I think we'd all like to know that it's noticed and being addressed. 

Theresa

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 2:17pm
post #21 of 45

I sent in another help ticket as well. It would be nice to know that they're aware and are working on it, as @theresaf ‍ said. I need help and can't post it  

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 2:40pm
post #22 of 45

I was able to post a question and I hope someone is able to see it and answer. We are getting ready to purchase an airbrushing machine and read mixed reviews on all the brands. We are leaning towards the Pegasus machine any thoughts or suggestions? Sorry to hijack the thread but with this site not working properly it's all I can do to ask the pros :)

kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 6:23pm
post #23 of 45

Hey, don't worry about hijacking this thread!  It seems to be one of the few ways to get anywhere.  To SandraDee:   I was able to start this thread just by clicking on "start a conversation'...........try posting you cry for help.  If nothing else post it here.

-K8memphis Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 7:16pm
post #24 of 45

hey i'm in the ALL list! whoo hooo

-K8memphis Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 7:27pm
post #25 of 45

but i'm only allowed on page one -- on page two i got whoopsed again  -- kinda funny

there was someone that put three 'help me' posts on here and i don't think any of us got to it but who knows --

anyhow...

-K8memphis Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 7:34pm
post #26 of 45

...anyhow page one is doing great 

clap.png

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 7:54pm
post #27 of 45

Hey just got in all forums

kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 9:51pm
post #28 of 45

Your luck Carolinecakes. I still can't get in anywhere but here. As others stated, it would be nice for someone to post an update. Not very considerate of them to let us hang not knowing.

-K8memphis Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 10:10pm
post #29 of 45

it's a free forum -- lots of other cake forums have fallen by the way side  -- i'm very grateful jackie keeps this one going --

linton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linton Posted 22 Apr 2016 , 12:41am
post #30 of 45

The only way I could get in was to do a Google of cake central and it gives you the different  areas, I clicked on forums and finally got it!!  Sure hope it gets straighten out soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%