Removing Cheesecake From Springboard Pan

Baking By Sc61 Updated 17 Apr 2016 , 1:02pm by Toshia7878

Sc61 Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 4

Just baked my first New York Style Cheesecake. It's for my oldest Granddaughter 23rd Birthday today. I've had my springboard pans maybe ten years now and never used them. That's bad I know!!! Anyway, I have the cake done and got it chilling. How do I get it off the bottom of the pan? Going to Old Chicago Restrant for the party tonight. Want her faviort cake to be in one piece!!! I'd appreciate any HELP!!!!

Sc61

3 replies
cakebaby2 Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 4

I'm assuming the "spring" pan is like ours in the UK...releases from the bottom we call it a quiche or tart tin?

If so, sit it on a large can of tomatoes /soup/  anything it will balance on and push down while holding with your good hand?

You may have to serve it on the base of the tin...if you haven't put lining paper on there?

You haven't.....have you?   lol x

Then just serve it from the tin and don't forget to take it home to its partner!

Hope this helps and best to you xx

Sc61 Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for your advice!! You live in the UK? I was born there on a Air Force Base there at Melborn. I live in Kansas now. My husband retired from Army in 1995 here at Ft. Riley Kansas. All our children settled here so we stayed here. We are from Missouri. That's where all the rest of our Family's live.

Thanks again!!

Toshia7878 Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 4

FYI for the future I always cover by bottom of the spring form pan in foil. After chilled over night I unhook it, flip over on a wax paper covered board, take off pan bottom and foil and flip onto your serving plate. I make at least 2 per wk and that always works. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%