Boxes, Cakeboards, Fondant..etc

Business By joeyww12000 Updated 5 May 2016 , 2:33am by cakingandbaking

joeyww12000 Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 13

I am an at home baker/decorator and I don't keep alot of material just lying around. I usually just get what I need when an order comes in. Lately, business is picking up and I need more supplies such as boxes, cakeboards, and fondant. Where do you guys order these type of supplies from? I was wondering if there is a website most go to. I'm getting beat by not ordering in bulk, and getting everything from Walmart. Also Im done with Wilton fondant and want to go with Satin Ice, but its nowhere to be found in my area. Any suggestions?

12 replies
cakebaby2 Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 13

Its where most of us get our baking supplies not being big box stores.

Obviously fresh stuff like butter, eggs flour etc are best bought from the big stores we all hate lol!

Unless of course you have a place to store it and the turnaround to buy bulk like commercial bakeries?

(and that's why you can't do cheap?)

joeyww12000 Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 13

Any websites you would recommend for boxes and boards?

cakebaby2 Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 13

Yes, but I am in Uk?

Is there no one near you offering similar deals?

Did you get my PM ?

BakerBlackCat Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 13

Cake Boxes and cake boards: BRP Box Shop  --> BONUS: they sell in quantities of 10 or full cases of 100

I get my fondant through Deco-Pac (Satin Ice), or CalJava Online (Fondx).  Deco-Pac is great for tools, and shipping is fre if you kick your order up to $75. 

Ingredients: Costco or Restaurant Depot, depending on how much I need.  Mostly Costco, though.  RD is well over an hour away from me, and Costco is carrying stuff in larger amounts (30# of butter in a case instead of 4#, yay!).

BakerBlackCat Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 13

I can't edit my posts anymore! Grrrr.....

forjenns Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 13

I use fondx from

You can also get it from

I know global also carries Karma fondant wich is a little more and of higher quality.

I have gotten boxes from here:

My boards I get from my local Cash & Carry but all 3 of the above websites have them.

joeyww12000 Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 13

Quote by @cakebaby2 on 1 hour ago

Yes, but I am in Uk?

Is there no one near you offering similar deals?

Did you get my PM ?

I did. Thank you.

SimplyIcedCC Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 11:38pm
post #9 of 13

I get my cake boxes/cupcake containers and the like from a local cash and carry paper store near me.  You might want to look into it and see if there is one near you :)

carolinecakes Posted 16 Apr 2016 , 1:31am
post #10 of 13

I am also home baker/decorator and I get my supplies from Global Sugar Art and Fondant Source ( they have really good prices on everything from petal dusts to cake boards etc.

Satin Ice was my go to fondant until I discovered Michelle Foster's Fondant right here on CC, it is more economical to make your own, it tastes delicious and its a dream to work with. I always have a batch on hand.

Jessicakesandbakes Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 2:18am
post #11 of 13

I make my own also.  I make a marshmallow fondant that tastes great and is pretty cheap to make. 

Mrz.cherrri Posted 4 May 2016 , 7:24pm
post #12 of 13

I have gotten  cake boxes and boards from Michaels craft store, party city online and Joanns online

cakingandbaking Posted 5 May 2016 , 2:33am
post #13 of 13 has great prices, especially for cake circles. I've never bought fondant from them but you can get a pack of 10 10-inch cake circles for $1.73! For boxes, I mine from Here's a link to another forum discussion about that:

Quote by @%username% on %date%