Bettercreme Vs Butter Cream

Baking By SoniaMT Updated 15 Apr 2016 , 8:50pm by SoniaMT

SoniaMT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoniaMT Posted 14 Apr 2016 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hey Guys, 

I have never worked with bettercreme. I usually use buttercream for my cakes. i was wondering what is the difference? Is bettercreme lighter than buttercream? Can it be used only as a filling or can it be used to ice cakes as well. I live in Los Angeles, where would i be able to find bettercreme? Can i make it at home from scratch or it needs to be bought? I appreciate the help! 

4 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 14 Apr 2016 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 5

Are you familiar with the frosting on Sam's Club cakes?  That's bettercream.  I don't know of a home made version.  Bettercream is a whipped non dairy frosting.  It tends to be a lighter than bettercream and of course, as is, contains no butter or dairy. 

Sorry, I can be of noassistance in the purchase recommendation as I live half way across the country.  ☺

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Apr 2016 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 5

Sonia said.............s bettercreme lighter than buttercream? Can it be used only as a filling or can it be used to ice cakes as well. I live in Los Angeles, where would i be able to find bettercreme? Can i make it at home from scratch ,,,,,,,,

It does have a lighter mouthfeel than b'cream.   It can be used to ice cakes and as filling.  Personally I have not used Rich's Bettercreme but a similar product called Frostin Pride.  I find them much sweeter than b'cream but many people say the opposite.   You should be able to find it at Smart and Final.   don;t know of any to make it at home.

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 14 Apr 2016 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 5

Sorry, lighter than buttercream.  Autocorrect.

SoniaMT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoniaMT Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Guys, I will try Frostin Pride from Smart and Final. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%