Best Real Fruit Compounds

Baking By karmen.wong Updated 15 Apr 2016 , 10:48pm by costumeczar

karmen.wong Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 4:14am
post #1 of 10

Im wondering about how people flavor their buttercream? I use a swiss meringue buttercream so it does not tend to split like ABC. But I am looking for a comapany that is reasonably priced that has great flavors. Any help would be lovley! 

9 replies
cakebaby2 Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 6:24am
post #2 of 10

Leah swears by Hero products, a Swiss company and CZ (both CC members) recommended one on her blog  acaketorememberblogVAblogspot

just last week..cant remember which company it was.

I'm in UK and get mine from Sous Chef International. Don't skimp on price or quality whichever you choose, a little goes a long way.

kristykgs Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 10

I've used Loranns and Silver Cloud. In my opinion, Silver Cloud emulsions are by far superior to Loranns. Much more punch. They are more expensive, but I will gladly pay for it if it is worth it.

veghed Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks, @karmen.wong ‍ for starting this thread.  I've had the same question.

Do these emulsions give directions on how much to add?

Smckinney07 Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 3:15pm
post #5 of 10

Pastry Portal

kristykgs Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 10

Veghed - No, you add to taste. For a new flavor, I always start out with a teaspoon and taste. Keep adding until i get the desired flavor I want. Then I write down how much I added.

costumeczar Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 10

I use the ones from Pregel, they're amazing. The problem is that you have to buy them by the case, which is a lot, unless they've changed that policy. Amoretti also makes some fruit flavorings that are natural and really good, and you can get those in smaller containers.

karmen.wong Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 4:23am
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone!
Im in Canada, and I checked out a bunch of your recommendations. Does not look like I can get them here!!

kristykgs Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 11:33am
post #9 of 10

SMBC - is my go to frosting as well - and you can add anything, not just flavorings. I've added melted chocolate, pureed berries, fruit preserves, strawberry milk powder (like nestle quick strawberry), jello instant pudding mix (powder form). Anything you can think of, you can add to SMBC.

costumeczar Posted 15 Apr 2016 , 10:48pm
post #10 of 10

My sales rep from Amoretti says that they do sell their compounds in Canada and they have a website for Canada. She said that if anyone needs information they can get in touch with her. Her email is Alexandra   @ amoretti.    com  without all the spaces in it (I put those in to try to avoid the spammers. Tell her Kara from A Cake To Remember sent you so that she knows why random people are emailing her :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%