Attaching Gelatin Bubbles To Object And Travel Question...

Decorating By KarenOR Updated 12 Apr 2016 , 6:50pm by Amf81781

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 11 Apr 2016 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 6

I made these for the first time and now I don't know how to use them.  :)

In the picture you can see the flask which ultimately will have bubbles coming down the side. What would you use?

Whatever I use has to be sticky enough to hold them.  Also, I realized last night in a panic that I probably didn't plan this cake very well for travel.  I don't do this as a business and my son's party is at a science center.  Any tips on that, too?

I have a two tiers and then a gumpaste plaque to sit on the very top with the flask and bubbles.  The decorations are chocolate transfers mostly, but using some Sixlets as the pieces of the atom.  Hopefully those will stay on, but I guess I can always repair.    I was thinking the main cakes are fine stacked and then I'll bring the plaque separately with someone holding it.

And BTW, it's hard to color candy clay.  I should have used something else.  This just looks messy and you should see my hands.  :)

Thanks. [postimage id="3533" thumb="900"]

5 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 11:23am
post #2 of 6

I've never made gelatin bubbles so can't help you with those, but with the candy clay or modelling chocolate you colour the chocolate first then make it into modelling choc.

KarenOR Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks.

i color it all ahead of time except when I want to have a more translucent effect . I was trying to use the dusts and a little color to match the bubbles.  

Amf81781 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amf81781 Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 6

I made one similar to this and I attached the bubbles with royal icing of the same color. I kind of lined the inside of the bubble edge with the icing and held it in place for a few moments. There were a few that were disrupted during transport but I just took icing with me and reattached.

KarenOR Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 6

Great!  Thank you. I was hoping  cement royal icing woukd work well. 

Amf81781 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amf81781 Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 6

Haha! It did in my case![postimage id="3549" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%