Taking A Wedding Cake To The Venue

Baking By Mojo1210 Updated 10 Apr 2016 , 9:49pm by costumeczar

Mojo1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mojo1210 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 9

I'm a hobby Baker doing my friends wedding cake for them it is a 3 tier cake. How do I take them to the venue? Do I  box them individually and stack them there.. its a 2 1/2  hours away help I'm really worried what to do Thank-you x

8 replies
cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 9

I'd individually box the well chilled cakes and stack them at the venue.

Take a small repair kit with you (RI in a sealed cornet, extra ribbon, spatula,  flowers, even a small amount of spare fondant /buttercream, wrapped up) a non slip mat in your air conditioned car.

You'll not get a problem if you have a repair kit...but if not the bad cake fairies can be mischevious

Make sure your support structure is fine by stacking the cake and doing a full check before you leave, drive safe, and Bob's your uncle!

All the best

Mojo1210 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 9

Thank-you never done any think like this before its so scary lol but fingers crossed will go OK. 

cakebaby2 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 9

You will be fine, stay calm, make sure the tiers are level, well supported and crucially as well, chilled.

Take a few wee things I suggested above as a repair kit (just in case lol)

Sods Law says; if you have it you wont need it, if you don't you surely will!

x

Mojo1210 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 9

When u say chilled put them in the fridge?? Would the fondant be OK if going in fridge. You have been a big help Thank-you 

cakebaby2 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 9

Oh yes, mine live in the fridge from completion to delivery...not beside the raw onion/ fish/garlic/mayonnaise/whisky coleslaw so beloved of my family...kidding! Just have it boxed in their own individual boxes till its time to leave. Cold cake behaves itself during transport, but make sure the support structure is sound. Have a trial assembly at home, box them fridge them and keep air  con on during transport,.......You'll be fine x

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 9

It will be fine in the fridge. If you put them in the box, put them in the fridge, then take them out of the fridge but leave them boxed up when you're ready to deliver it any condensation will form on the box, not on the cake. And the box will help keep the cake cold while you're traveling with it.

cakebaby2 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 9:48pm
post #8 of 9

Now ^^^^ that's the lady to listen to....wedding cake guru giving advice, you'll not go wrong x

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 9

Ah pppft...I'm a cake schlub like everyone else, haha! I was typing at the same time you were, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%