What Am I Doing Wrong?

Baking By kyekuu Updated 9 Apr 2016 , 1:06pm by kyekuu

kyekuu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyekuu Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, i am very frustrated now, i have been making cupcakes with the same recipe which is 

Butter 113gram

sugar 200gram

vanilla 4gram

eggs 2

flour 195grams

baking powder 8gram

salt 3grams

[postimage id="3493" thumb="900"]For the milk i always mix (125 grams milk and mix it with 95 grams) this is always my batter for my any recipe. and my oven temperature is 170C .  

But for some reason my cupcakes are cracking on the top especially for chocolate cupcake. But they are moist and great. The only problem is the cracking on top and i do not see whats the problem.

7 replies
Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 8

Purchase an oven thermometer and check if your oven temp is correct........I would also lower the temp a bit...if you are sure you measured correctly and the at the recipe is a proven one  :)

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 8

Mine started cracking too, I put them on a lower rack and that helped, like  Creativeconfectioner said a lower temp would probably help too.

kyekuu Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you for the replies.

My temperature is 340F,so thats too high i see. I forgot too write that i always mix my milk with sour cream. Could that be the reason of them to crack? maybe the recipe doesnt go with sour cream? or the baking powder is too much? I am truly sorry if am asking too much question am a "fish" when it comes to cupcakes 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 8

you certainly did not use that recipe for those cupcakes.

kyekuu Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 8

MBalaska yes I did, that has always been my batter recipe for most of my cupcakes 

linton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linton Posted 9 Apr 2016 , 12:31am
post #7 of 8

There is no chocolate or cocoa in your recipe? They certainly look like chocolate cupcakes.

kyekuu Posted 9 Apr 2016 , 1:06pm
post #8 of 8

it is chocolate and i put in 40gram of cocoa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%