Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By joeyww12000 Updated 9 Apr 2016 , 9:51pm by MBalaska

joeyww12000 Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 3

I have a question about modeling chocolate. When making something like a team logo, or logo of any kind I've only used fondant. I print out a copy and place it on the fondant and cut it out with a craft knife. The fondant always seems to pull just a bit when I need to make a sharp edge. I can usually fix it, but it would be nice if it didnt happen. Does modeling chocolate cut cleaner? There is a bakery in my town and the lady that owns it has flawless logos and cutouts. I've inspected her cakes and they look like they are coming out of a factory, but they aren't. How do you get those super clean lines by hand?

2 replies
sleaky77 Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 2:14am
post #2 of 3

I have found Modelling chocolate cuts much smoother. I use it as often as i can.

MBalaska Posted 9 Apr 2016 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 3

Modeling chocolate is nice to work with and taste OK.  It's relatively inexpensive & easy to make at home which is really helpful, here's some places to look into for information, tutorials and a look at their fantastic creations.  Good Luck with modeling chocolate.

@WickedGoodies ‍ here on CC has a great website and book for modeling chocolate.

Lauren Kitchens has a nice Craftsy class for modeling chocolate.

Liz Marek, Artisan cake company also has a tutorial.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%