Please Tell Me Exactly What To Do For Rectangular Eggless Chocolate Birthday Cake.

Baking By SLqld Updated 7 Apr 2016 , 1:36pm by SLqld

SLqld Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 2:37am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I have to make a birthday cake tomorrow for Saturday morning & I don't know where to start.

It is for my son's 6th birthday and he simply wants a chocolate cake with Playmobil western figures on top, so that part is easy.

However, I have to make it eggless & no nuts as 2 party guests have anaphylactic egg & nut allergies.

I would like it to be rectangular in shape so that it feeds about 35 people (20 kids, rest adults).

I found this recipe which sounded yummy but I don't know how to convert it to a rectangular (or square cake) that will feed 35 people. I don't even know what size/type of cake tin to get. http://baker-in-disguise.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/eggless-chocolate-cake-with-fudge.html

I would be so grateful if someone could tell me exactly what to do.

Many thanks :)

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 4

Go ahead and make the recipe exactly as posted and pour it into a 9x13 pan.  There should be plenty of batter for that size.  You might also have enough batter for an 11x15 pan but not enough for a 12x18

kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 4

Go ahead and make the recipe exactly as posted and pour it into a 9x13 pan.  There should be plenty of batter for that size.  You might also have enough batter for an 11x15 pan but not enough for a 12x18

SLqld Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 4

Many thanks & much appreciated :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%