Using Dry Ice To Cool Cupcakes

Baking By kristykgs Updated 6 Apr 2016 , 9:19pm by kristykgs

kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, so I am doing a farmer's market next week. My husband is making me an acrylic display case. His idea is, he will make the bottom of the case a place to store some dry ice to keep the cupcakes cooled. I think it is brilliant. However, I am curious if you guys think it will freeze my cupcakes? I've been searching all over the internet. May just have to go buy some and test it out.

4 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 5

If the dry ice is touching the cupcakes they will freeze for sure. But if you have the cakes on a rack just like a quarter or half an inch above the dry ice they won't freeze. And you have an awesome effect! 

kristykgs Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 5

Cool Thanks. No they won't be touching. 

SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 5

This is a really interesting idea haha wish I thought of this before, it would have came in handy!

kristykgs Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 5

SimplyIcedCC - Well, I can't find the dry ice around here - at least not where I can get it at 7am on a Saturday. Original plan was to make a cubbyhole at the bottom of the display case with holes in it so the coolness can circulate through. But now he will put cubbies hole on the door in the back and we will use ice packs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%