Decorating By Donations Updated 6 Apr 2016 , 5:30pm by Donations

Donations Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 9

My sister recently died and she was an award winning cake decorator.  She won several awards and ribbons for her creations.  I now need to dispose of all of her cake decorating supplies.  She had dozens of cake pans, cake boxes, cake bottom rounds, and other cake supplies to many to list.  

My dilemma is how to donate these supplies n a kindly manner?  I do not want to just trash them or call Salvation Army.  I know there are many organizations that would truly appreciate receiving these items but I have no idea how to find these organizations.  I thought perhaps a Junior College that teaches baking, or perhaps an organization that trains less fortunate persons a career.  

Does anyone have any ideas of how these items may find a new home?  My sister lived in Huntington Beach, California.  Your help is really needed and appreciated.

8 replies
FrostedMoon Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 9

Perhaps check with local Wilton teachers to see if they can take it for their classes?  Or local vocational schools with decorating/baking classes?  You could also google the area and cake donations.  Sometimes there are local non-profits that provide cakes for kids in shelters, hospitals, etc.

Donations Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you for your reply.  The Wilton instructors sounds like a really good idea.  Local vocational schools are also a great idea.  I will certainly look into all your suggestions.

thank you!

-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 12:29am
post #4 of 9

i'm very sorry for your loss and i hope you get a special blessing for donating your sister's treasure trove of cake goodies -- best to you

Donations Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 12:15pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you

Creativeconfectioner Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 9

Sincere condolences...but such a wonderful way for her legacy to go on

Donations Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you

jselle Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 5:23pm
post #8 of 9

I'm sorry for your loss. :(  Consider contacting local high schools to see if they would be able to use your sister's supplies. I teach at a public high school, and money is really tight right now. Our foods classes are always in desperate need of good supplies, and the right school and teacher would be delighted to have such a generous donation.

Donations Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 5:30pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you for your comment and suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%