First Wedding!!!!

Business By I-heart-cupcaKes Updated 5 Apr 2016 , 4:32pm by I-heart-cupcaKes

I-heart-cupcaKes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
I-heart-cupcaKes Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 6

I have my first wedding in one month! I am freaking myself out! I've made individual cakes of different sizes. Stacked two small cakes, but I've never done a three tiered stacked cake. It will be a 10, 8 and 6. Not huge (all buttercream except the 8" layer which will be fondant) which is why I think I can do this! But I'm starting to freak out! Any advice would be great from the simplest to the greatest since this is my first time! I normally only do cupcakes, but I want to expand into wedding cakes. I own a suv, should I assemble on sight? Stack at home ( yeah, that's the other thing I'm a home based baker) and transport with it assembled? What tools will make this easier?? 

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 6

Have you ever done a stacked cake before? If you stack it at home and put it in the fridge overnight before delivering it you shouldn't have any problem. That's a little cake so it will be very manageable.

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 6

If you have stacked two tiers  you can do three, and everything CZ said above. Good luck x

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 6

I would probably concider to assamble it at home as I find it more difficult to handle bc. If it's not super cold you might leave an indent or something and it's easier to fix that at home or it ideally won't happen as the cake is cold still. 

If you are stressed out over time you could bake (and fill) each tier ahead of time and freeze it.

Otherwise have everything ready to just stack and deliver on the day. 

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 4:21pm
post #5 of 6

Buttercream seems to be making a comeback this year ladies, perhaps the fondant craze is over?

I-heart-cupcaKes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
I-heart-cupcaKes Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the feedback ladies! I'll be practicing on my cake dummies as far as decorating! Any tips on how to get super straight and taught looking fondant. My middle tier will have a quilted look! The other tiers will be a textured buttercream per brides request!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%