Lumpy And Bumpy Fondant :(

Decorating By qchau Updated 7 Apr 2016 , 3:07am by kakeladi

qchau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qchau Posted 5 Apr 2016 , 7:55am
post #1 of 5

Hi there! I just have a quick question and hope you lovely CC-era can answer it for me. After you frost a cake and refrigerate until it's rock hard, and after you take it out, do you spritz your cake with water before covering it with fondant so the fondant would adhere to the buttercream? Please let me know. Thanks so much!

p.S. I've been using cream cheese icing to cover my cake and it's so frustrating that I can never get the smooth look (without fondant). I've cried myself to sleep so many times due to the frustrations

4 replies
karmen.wong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karmen.wong Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 5:31am
post #2 of 5

I spritz mine with water, I find that I get less air bubbles as you work from top to bottom,  and less taring,  and it help the fondant stick to the sides. 

kayra850 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayra850 Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 12:26pm
post #3 of 5

I do the same way as Karmen. Just be carefull with water. Not to much and not to litle.

kayra850 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayra850 Posted 6 Apr 2016 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 5

I do the same way as karmen. Just be carefull with water. Not to much and not to little water.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 3:07am
post #5 of 5

What I learned yrs ago was that a cake is covered w/fondant as soon as the b'cream coating has been applied.  There is no need to get it cold/hard therefore you would not need to spritz it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%