Changing Company Name

Business By CreativeCakeFactory Updated 4 Apr 2016 , 6:27pm by Gingerlocks

CreativeCakeFactory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakeFactory Posted 4 Apr 2016 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 2

Has anyone ever changed the name of their company after being in business for years? When I first began to make cakes, I did alot of sculpted cakes and things of that nature. But I'm changing the business over to a luxury wedding cake company and feel like "Creative Cake Factory" doesn't go with what I'm doing to be doing. Has anyone done this? I already have a new name in mind and purchased the domain but I'm worried this could be a bad thing.

1 reply
Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 4 Apr 2016 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 2

I changed my name; originally when I just started out and didn't think cake decorating was anything more than a hobby and then changed it to something more "grown up" sounding when I really went into business. I know it's not quite the same but people just accepted it; for the first 6 months I had to keep the original name on my website..just "AAA Cakes is now BBB Cakes" and their wasn't much confusion. I also sent out an email to people who had bookings in the future. It's fine so long as you give people a good head up on all your social media platforms etc..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%