New Microwave Oven

Baking By Armida35 Updated 1 Apr 2016 , 9:17pm by kakeladi

Armida35 Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 9:04am
post #1 of 3

Hi,guys please help me. Hope it's not a wrong thing to ask this doubt here. We have recently relocated to a new apartment in Ontario, and my mother donated her "Samsung Classic Collection" microwave to me. It’s more than 20 years old I’m sure. She was using it for a long time. It seems to work well but somebody recently told me that, because of its age, the oven could be dangerous and should be thrown out. I don't really know anything about the safety situation in regard to radiation, etc. So I'm asking all of you. Does anyone know if this old microwave is safe to use? Is anyone here with such an old oven ? If it’s not good,please suggest a good brand and showroom in Canada. Has anyone heard about ‘Best Brand Appliance Canada’ ( )? I bought a coffee maker and dishwasher from there last month I love cakes and its been long time since I have prepared one. Please help me as soon as possible :D

2 replies
MimiFix Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 3

I worked for Maytag/Jenn-Air Appliances for a few years in their R&D department. Leakage can happen to any microwave whether new or not. (I have stories that would make you shudder.)

Twenty  years is not that old; it's not the age of a microwave, but original design and any damage that may occur to it while in the home. If it works fine, keep it. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, or you want an updated cook pad, get a new one.

kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 3

Your ? made me go look at the MW I have that I bought at a yard sale some 4 yrs ago.  It was manufactured April of '91 so I guess it's o.k.  It works well so why fix what's not broken?  LOL

I agree w/mimi.............

Quote by @%username% on %date%