Are Bridal Shows Worth The Monetary Investment?

Business By cakesmith.oh Updated 30 Mar 2016 , 7:17pm by cakesmith.oh

cakesmith.oh Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hey there!  I have been decorating cakes for years, but just started my home-based cake business about 6 months ago.  I have a profile out on and and I keep getting calls from bridal show coordinators saying they are interested in having me at their show.  I could come up with the money if I know that it will not be a waste.   Have any of you other home cake decorators done any bridal shows?  What was your experience?  Do you think it is worth it?

3 replies
costumeczar Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 4

It depends on the show and how much it costs. It was worth it for me to get my name out and meet other vendors when I first started, but after a while the referrals from other vendors were the way to get bookings. If you do a show, make sure that it's one of the more well-attended ones, and that you take the time to go around and introduce yourself to the reception venues in town who can actually send you business.

kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2016 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, what she ^^^ said.  Do not rely on what the show producers tell you - especially about the # of attendees.  Talk to other vendors who have done that producers show(s)/    It would be worth your time and effort to attend the show rather than participate in it.  That way you can see for yourself what it's like and is it worth your investment for next time around.

cakesmith.oh Posted 30 Mar 2016 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 4

kakeladi, I was just thinking that same thing.  Attend the show this time and if I think it will be worth it, get a booth at the next one.  I have also asked the sales woman if she could give me the name of someone who started out like I am so I can talk to them about their experience.  She is asking a couple if they mind if she gives me their contact info.

Thank you for the advice :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%