Help Wedding Cake

Decorating By Debbie-h Updated 30 Mar 2016 , 7:30am by rollingstone

Debbie-h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie-h Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 7

Hi. Im new to cake decorating still learning as we go. I have a client that asks for a cake with a wedding cake frosting. But not buttercream.

It made me confused.  He already had previos order i made mirangue buttercream. Even though he says everyone loved it he wants wedding cake frosting for the next order

Inever made wedding cake before.  I would love to start anyway.

What is the tipica wedding cake frosting he is talking about 

I always thought its creamed buttercream. But he says nit buttercream.  Is he talking about whipped cream i didnt know they serve wipped cream in weddings since it cant ctay out for long in room temp.  So pleas anyone habe idea

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 7

He probably means just a basic confectioner's sugar-based buttercream. It's sweeter than a meringue buttercream, and it's more commonly used in the US than meringue buttercreams.  There's no specific thing called "wedding cake icing" so he's just making that up to try to describe it to you.

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 7

Could he mean fondant?  A lot of wedding cakes are covered in fondant since it can be more stable than just buttercream.  Also, many people don't realize fondant usually has something under it like ganache or buttercream.

If you share with us what area you are located in someone might be able to suggest what is typical for weddings in that area.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 7

fondant?

OMGi8CAKE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGi8CAKE Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 7

I had someone request something similar once. They were referring to the color of the frosting. Since sometimes buttercream is a bit off colored (if youre using butter). Did he maybe mean "wedding white" buttercream?

Other than that I would think fondant is the norm for wedding cakes.

Debbie-h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie-h Posted 30 Mar 2016 , 6:22am
post #6 of 7

I live texas . he doesn't mean fondant its a family gathering . it was important to him the qualityof the cake and the icing that's why he is ordering from me not bakery even though i'm charging more . he loved the Morangu buttercream he just wants to try somethingelse. i'm quite sure he means whipping cream .. its the tastyest. icing ever. .

rollingstone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rollingstone Posted 30 Mar 2016 , 7:30am
post #7 of 7

I live in the south also and I would have thought that he was talking about a classic American buttercream like we use on most wedding cakes here but if you think that he was talking about a whipped cream frosting, I think I have found a great stabilized recipe for you.... http://www.wedding-cakes-for-you.com/whipped-cream-icing.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%