How To Advertise

Business By Sarahw13 Updated 29 Mar 2016 , 4:16pm by CupACakeSA

Sarahw13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarahw13 Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 8:53am
post #1 of 4

Hello I wondered if anyone could help me I have been making cakes for over a year I'm just a hobby baker I would love eventually to make it a full time job the problem is I have been trying to advertise for the last 6 months I have created a facebookpage/twitter site  and a website I ask everyone I no but yet still no orders I dont really no what else to do just wondered if anyone has any advice they could give to help 

3 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 4

The problem might be that your market area is saturated with too many cake businesses. It may help if you branched out to other products, in addition to cakes. But sorry, no amount of advertising can create a full-time business for you. 

annagon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annagon Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 4

Have you tried facebook ads?  You can target them to specific locations, age groups, interests.  They're very inexpensive.  You also don't have to create an actual ad, it can be as simple as boosting an existing Facebook post.  You also can't just create a Facebook page and hope people visit it.  You have to create engaging content that is going to draw people to your product and engage with your business.  And are you offering any introductory offers, special deals for new customers?  Anything that is going to encourage people to choose you over the bakery they already know and trust?  A lot of bakers start out by word of mouth, if your friends and family aren't bringing you orders, maybe you can offer to bake something for free or for the cost of ingredients for events they're having and set some cards out for more exposure?  How about local food fairs, markets, or community events?  I wouldn't place an order with a baker just by seeing a picture of their work unless they were providing something really unique, but if I try something and it's really good, then I'll ask where the host got it and be more likely to order from them next time.

CupACakeSA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupACakeSA Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 4

Get some flyers printed out and put them around at your local schools and supermarkets. 

You could also approach a supermarket or boutique shop where you could put out some samples and business cards.  

Not sure if this is allowed in your country, but also ask the schools to pop a flyer into each child's bag/book or advertise in their monthly newsletters. [ Here you could concentrate on cakes for kiddies parties]. 

Good Luck :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%