Perfect Cupcake Batter Measuring Tool?

Decorating By Charmdesign Updated 28 Mar 2016 , 10:35pm by kristykgs

Charmdesign Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:12am
post #1 of 6

What tool is best for getting the right amount of frosting into a standard cupcake pan?

I've see a couple by Wilton- one is a set with 3 plastic scoops (but I don't need mini or jumbo scoops). Another is a Wilton plastic spoon/scoop + spatula. But I'm leaning most towards a metal squeeze scoop I saw at Country Kitchen Sweetart- Nor Pro 679. It's quite a bit pricier than the other options but it seems like workflow would be faster. 

5 replies
johnson6ofus Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:20am
post #2 of 6

I assume you mean "batter" into a cupcake pan?

Easiest for me is a "disher". Google it to see what it is., but the metal spoon with a wire inside it to pop it out, like the standard cookie scoops. You can get the size that best suits your liners and recipe preferences. 

Disher (aka ice cream scoop) sizes
SizeColor*fl oz6White5.338Gray4.0010Ivory3.2012Green2.67

johnson6ofus Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:27am
post #3 of 6

yup charm...that's the disher!

Lady221Bakery Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 2:09am
post #4 of 6

I use a disher too if the batter is runny like my chocolate. If the batter is thicker I get better result putting it in a pastry bag with a round top and piping equal fills into the cups. has dishers for a good price and they are all numbered and tell you the oz. sizing. Always do a few test batches to see which works out the best before doing a whole tray.

BeeBakes Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 6

i use a disher too. that wilton 3 plastic scoop thing can get annoying. i feel like when i use them i get batter everywhere!

i use a mini disher for mini cupcakes and a regular disher for anything other than that. jumbo cupcakes just get more scoops!

kristykgs Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 6

I use a #20 disher 

Quote by @%username% on %date%