Baby Bump Cake Boobies

Decorating By Grammy_Cakes08 Updated 27 Mar 2016 , 6:28pm by Creativeconfectioner

Grammy_Cakes08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Grammy_Cakes08 Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone I'll be making a baby bump pregnancy cake next weekend for a friend. I have a giant Pyrex bowl to make the tummy, but I need help finding something to bake her boobies in. She said she wants them to look exactly like hers big and round lol. If anyone could please lmk what they use and where I could purchase it I would really appreciate it!!!

9 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 10

Wilton makes a couple of half ball pans.

lisatipperoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisatipperoo Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 10

A smaller Pyrex bowl or a small metal bowl is what I used before I got the ball pans. Check Wal-Mart or dollar stores. I got my Wilton ball pan from Amazon.com but JoAnn Fabrics also has them. :-)

Grammy_Cakes08 Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 10

Hi guys thanks for your quick responses! I actually have knock off half ball pans that I bought from eBay, my issue with those is that it sticks in the pan and I have a terrible time trying to get the cake out:( how do you grease yours? And how long do you typically bake for? Thank you again!:)

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 4:59am
post #5 of 10

I normally use one of my rectangular high pans with slightly angled sides (how do you call them? Lol) and carve the boobs.

Grammy_Cakes08 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 5:32am
post #6 of 10

Hmm not sure lol...a loaf pan maybe?

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 6:26am
post #7 of 10

Loaf pan...yes! Anyway, I carve normally the belly from 2 round cakes and the boobs from a loaf pan. But proportionwise it looks better to make the belly significantly bigger than the boobs because otherwise it looks disproportionate.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 6:12pm
post #8 of 10

To help you get the cake out of the half-ball pans, try using pan grease and parchment...both.

I found a recipe for pan grease somewhere years ago and use it all the time.  Take equal parts shortening (like Crisco), flour and vegetable oil.  I first mix the shortening and flour together to get it smooth, then slowly drizzle in the oil with the mixer running.  Hand mixer is fine.  I use 1C - 1C - 1C of each and store it in the fridge.

To use it, stir it up if it's separated a bit - but using the method above seems to keep mine emulsified.  Then plop a bit in the pans and spread around with a pastry brush.  THEN parchment, THEN brush on a bit more pan grease to press it into the pan nicely.

For a ball pan, grease generously then use 2-3 strips of parchment that come up a bit over the edge of the pan. Criss-cross them and brush pan grease to press the strips to the pan.  You don't get 100% coverage, but with the pan grease on the pan itself, plus the bit of parchment gives you a chance.  Run a knife around the top edge before you try to remove as well.

Good luck.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 6:20pm
post #9 of 10
Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 6:28pm
post #10 of 10

Here is one of my baby belly cakes...I used small aluminum bowls :) had 2 of the same size[postimage id="3363" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%