How Do You Make This Cake?

Decorating By cakes6 Updated 27 Mar 2016 , 6:49pm by Creativeconfectioner

cakes6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes6 Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 5

Morning! I have a repeat customer who has asked me to make this silver design on a 2 tier sweet 16 cake. I am unfamiliar with how this is made and wanted to see if anyone is familiar with it, what it is made with, and how to achieve this look? I told her I would check. Thanks!

[postimage id="3333" thumb="900"]

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 2:33am
post #2 of 5

WOW,   Can;t help you any but just had to say what a WOW! cake.  

jellybeanlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanlane Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:24am
post #3 of 5

ok, I know the bottom is fondant billows I have a link on how to do that... the fondant on the other two layers seems to just have scores gently designed in them and I would say they probably dusted the area scored out for the design and attached the candy jewels... then after it was placed and set I'm sure with sugar glue then the added the remaining accent jewels and silver dust to fill in areas it needed for the design... them added the flowers made of gumpaste and fondant ... very time consuming and tedious but doable hope that helped I'm no pro but I take classes and watch videos constantly lol....

here's that link: 

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 5

Here is a backdrop to the silver tiers

http://cake-geek.com/index.php/jewelled-wedding-cakes/

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 5

Can't find a tutorial...but it looks like piping gel placed in a triangular pattern.....then specific gumpaste cut outs layered....then  ball sprinkles....then all silvered......then the little bursts done......alot of work I am sure :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%