Looking For This Lace Mat

Decorating By julia1812 Updated 26 Mar 2016 , 11:15pm by pastrypet

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 12:15pm
post #1 of 13

A bridge wishes to include her grandmother's table lace into the cake design. Now I'm looking for a lace mat as close to this in design. Any ideas?

12 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 13

There's no picture...Usually whenthey want something really specific I just pipe it on. I don't know if that's an option, but if she wants a specific pattern it's the easiest way to do it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 13

i tell yah what i've done before -- not all lace will cooperate of course but if you wrap your cake with the lace and spray on some color the remove the lace -- it might work for you -- now i did it on fondant dummies so there's that but it is a definite maybe and another thing i've done is again place the lace on the cake -- you'll need to affix it with toothpicks or something -- it's been a long time can't remember exactly but you actually spread icing on it -- probably scrapey scrapey to get it smooth then hold your breath and  remove the lace --

now both of those methods work with the right lace and yours looks promising -- it's in your gallery right?

and i used a mister to spray on the color not even an air brush just a brand new spray bottle with a very fine sprayer nozzle

-K8memphis Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 13

another idea is print sections onto edible paper and cut out designs for the cake -- hearts or diamonds or stripes or...

julia1812 Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 13

Sorry wasn't able to upload photo.

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3364356/lace-mat

julia1812 Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 13

That's for the advise so far. Won't be able to use the original lace and the plan is to do white edible lace on white fondant. No colour. 

She said "as close as possible" so was hoping to find something very similar. 

Yes it's the picture in the gallery @K8memphis. For some reason I could only upload it there...

-K8memphis Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 10:40pm
post #7 of 13

here's another idea -- do you have the plastic counted cross stitch material in your area? you could impress the fresh fondant with one of those to mimic the tiny criss cross lace pattern then pipe the big sections (crusting buttercream is what i would use) and pat it down with a smoothy smooth brand new never before used/clean cotton cloth --

other than that idk because piping lattice doesn't come out the same kwim? it's too dimensional where you want a flat weave for lace -- like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-SLM021-Silicone-Edible-Sugar/dp/B00QBI8IUY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1458945556&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=SugarVeil%C2%AE+Mesh+Mat

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 12:53am
post #10 of 13

julia1812 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 5:04am
post #11 of 13

I can't see your comment @pastrypet

Thanks @K8memphis really appreciate all your help

-K8memphis Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 2:31pm
post #12 of 13

relaxed.png

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 13

Search YouTube for Nadiabakery or My Little Bakery. Watch the video called "Lace cookie. Part 1..My little bakery. CookieCon 2015"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%