Cupcakes

Baking By natzog Updated 23 Mar 2016 , 6:14pm by natzog

natzog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natzog Posted 21 Mar 2016 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 11

Hello everyone. I want some help. I have to bake 200 cupcakes for a christenning . The christenning is on Monday after easter Sunday. So I want to finish everything before easter Sunday. How can I manage this. How many days before can i bake them. ???I will decorate them with fondant . I have to but buttercream under fondant or not ??? And also were I have to store them ?in fridge will be ok??? Thanks 

10 replies
kramersl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kramersl Posted 21 Mar 2016 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 11

If you are planning to bake them before Friday then I would freeze them. Here is a good thread to reference... http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/742724/freezing-cupcakes

If you are going to bake them Friday or Saturday then they will be fine left on the counter in an air tight container.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 21 Mar 2016 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 11

I would definitely put buttercream under the fondant.  Many people don't like the taste or texture of fondant and will want to peel it off.

kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 21 Mar 2016 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 11

I freeze mine all the time - unfrosted. I put them on a baking sheet, wrap with saran wrap then foil over that and stick them in the freezer. Once frozen, I put them in ziplock bags. The morning I need to frost, I pull out what I need and let it sit for about 1 hr to reach room temperature. I will even pull 1 out a few days before and test it to make sure it is still fresh.

natzog Posted 23 Mar 2016 , 1:54pm
post #5 of 11

Thank you for your replies.☺ I want to bake before Friday so as I understand it s better to bake and freeze them. But

1. can i defrost them put buttercream under and decorate them with fondant  on friday night or saturday morning ?

2. will they be fresh until Monday or not ? ?

3. If i put them in individual plastic cupcake  boxes and leave them on the kitchen counter   will they be nice until monday ? I mean fondant decoration will be ok?

Because it will be difficult for me to make all this work and decoration  on easter Sunday ☺any reply willi be helpful 

Pastrybaglady Posted 23 Mar 2016 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 11

Trying to keep them fresh for Monday is the problem if you want to finish them Saturday. Cupcakes are not that durable. What kind of cupcakes are you making?  You would have a better chance of the cupcakes staying moist and soft if you make a chocolate cupcake using oil and buttermilk. Then you could frost them while they're still frozen, keep them in airtight containers and put the toppers on last minute or Sunday night after your festivities.

natzog Posted 23 Mar 2016 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks for your reply. So, if I put  fondant on Sunday can i have the toppers ready from Friday?  I ma de an example of the cup cake. Do you think is this  possible?[postimage id="3307" thumb="900"]

Pastrybaglady Posted 23 Mar 2016 , 4:51pm
post #8 of 11

You can make the toppers WAAAAY ahead and then keep them in ziplocks if you want them to stay soft or in a cardboard box if you want them to dry out.

natzog Posted 23 Mar 2016 , 4:54pm
post #9 of 11

And when I finish them I have to put them in individual plastic boxes . Will be ok if I do this from night ??

Pastrybaglady Posted 23 Mar 2016 , 6:00pm
post #10 of 11

If you mean the cupcakes yes, you could get one of those big plastic under the bed storage containers put all your cupcakes in Saturday night(?) Frost them and close up the box tight.  Depending on your schedule you can place the toppers Sunday night or Monday morning.  They should be fine at room temp either way.

natzog Posted 23 Mar 2016 , 6:14pm
post #11 of 11

I mean put them in boxes as shown below. Will be ok if I do this from Sunday night?j[postimage id="3308" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%