Help...i Was So Stupid!!

Decorating By squirrellee Updated 19 Mar 2016 , 7:54pm by Jinkies

squirrellee Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 8:20am
post #1 of 8

I made a Redskins cake with maroon icing but forgot to cover my cake board...I know, how dumb but I am not feeling well and just wanted it done. Now it looks horrible..any suggestions?

7 replies
Jinkies Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 8

You can still cover it.  Roll out a piece of fondant in a strip and wrap it around the cake on the board, than trim it.  It's really simple.  You'll just need to be careful when handling the board so you don't mar it up before it dries.  There are tons of tutorials on youtube you can follow.  A lot of people cover their boards after the cake is on, it'll be fine. :)

costumeczar Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 8

I never cover the cake board until I'm done with the cake...If you want to you can still do it. Just roll out a thin strip of fondant or gumpaste, cut it to about the width of the board where ti needs to be covered, and press ti up against the edge of the cake. Cut it off even with the edge of the board and it will look like the entire board is covered.

costumeczar Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 8

Oh @Jinkies ‍ you type faster than I do! ;)

squirrellee Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 8

thanks so much for the reply  I did exactly what  you said and it came out great

squirrellee Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 8

thanks so much for the reply  I did exactly what  you said and it came out great

squirrellee Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 6:22pm
post #7 of 8

Jinkies Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 7:54pm
post #8 of 8

Yay!  Glad we could help!  :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%