Buttercream Recipe

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 18 Mar 2016 , 8:19pm by GeminiBaker

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 18 Mar 2016 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 3

I need help what is the best easiest buttercream recipe you ever used I normally buy it but I really would like to make my own I would need to make enough for a two tier cake a 10in to layer round topped with a 8in 2 layer round

Thank you in advance

Molly2

2 replies
GeminiBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiBaker Posted 18 Mar 2016 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 3

I use this one. http://addapinch.com/classic-vanilla-buttercream-frosting-recipe/

Very easy

Classic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe

Prep time
10 mins
Total time
10 mins

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is one of the classic frosting recipes used on so many delicious desserts! Get this favorite vanilla buttercream frosting recipe along with all the tips for making perfect buttercream frosting every time.
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
Serves: 4½ cups
Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
  • 3 - 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • pinch salt
  • 2-3 tablespoons milk, heavy cream, or half-and-half
Instructions
  1. Place softened butter into the bowl of a stand mixer that has been fitted with the paddle attachment. Turn the mixer on a medium setting and cream the butter until it is smooth and has lightened in color, about 3 minutes.
  2. Add confectioner's sugar, ½ a cup at a time. After each cup has been incorporated, turn the mixer onto the highest speed setting and for about 10 seconds to lighten the frosting.
  3. Add vanilla and a pinch of salt and combine until well-incorporated.
  4. Add milk, heavy cream or half-and-half until the frosting has reached the preferred consistency. For a firmer frosting, add more confectioner's sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. For a softer frosting, add more milk or cream, a tablespoon at a time.

http://addapinch.com/classic-vanilla-buttercream-frosting-recipe/

GeminiBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiBaker Posted 18 Mar 2016 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 3

Makes more like 2.5 cups though. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%