I need help what is the best easiest buttercream recipe you ever used I normally buy it but I really would like to make my own I would need to make enough for a two tier cake a 10in to layer round topped with a 8in 2 layer round
Thank you in advance
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3 - 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk, heavy cream, or half-and-half
- Place softened butter into the bowl of a stand mixer that has been fitted with the paddle attachment. Turn the mixer on a medium setting and cream the butter until it is smooth and has lightened in color, about 3 minutes.
- Add confectioner's sugar, ½ a cup at a time. After each cup has been incorporated, turn the mixer onto the highest speed setting and for about 10 seconds to lighten the frosting.
- Add vanilla and a pinch of salt and combine until well-incorporated.
- Add milk, heavy cream or half-and-half until the frosting has reached the preferred consistency. For a firmer frosting, add more confectioner's sugar, a ¼ cup at a time. For a softer frosting, add more milk or cream, a tablespoon at a time.
Makes more like 2.5 cups though.