What To Charge?

Business By laricakesjax Updated 16 Mar 2016 , 9:19am by laricakesjax

laricakesjax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laricakesjax Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 6

Advice on what to charge for a two tier(8"+10") vanilla cake with rum syrup coverred in white fondant. Top tier will be completely surrounded by handmade fondant feathers and bottom tier plain white fondant.  Inspired by:

[postimage id="2978" thumb="900"]

5 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 6

There are a lot of posts in CC about how to charge.  But it all depends on ingredients, how long in hours will it take for you to make the cake and materials like cake boards / box.  Also if you really want detail, the electricity it takes to bake, the water for washing dishes, etc.  I think you get the picture.  I charge at a minimum $3.00 per serving with additional cost for a topper or anything more elaborate decoration. 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 6

I'd charge about $7 a serving for that if you're looking for a per-serving charge. But you have to figure out your own costs. For me that would make a decent profit, but your ingredients might cost more, you might take longer to make the cake than I would, etc etc.

laricakesjax Posted 16 Mar 2016 , 9:15am
post #4 of 6

Thanks ropalma and costumeczar for your reply. Greatly appreciated! Will follow advice.

laricakesjax Posted 16 Mar 2016 , 9:17am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for taking time to reply. Will follow your advice.

laricakesjax Posted 16 Mar 2016 , 9:19am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for taking the time with your prompt reply. Will follow your advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%