Pastry Schools

Business By TSweetTreats Updated 15 Mar 2016 , 6:11am by Pastrybaglady

TSweetTreats Posted 14 Mar 2016 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

I am a fifteen years old and am starting to look at colleges. I absolutely love baking and am sure that is what I am going to do in the future. I work at a bakery and run a licensed home bakery for the past two years. My parents both agree with my decision to go to Pastry College. I want to be able  get a bachelor's degree and take business classes. Currently, I am looking at Kendall College and the Culinary Institute of America. Wanted to ask you all if you knew of any other great pastry colleges that fit what I am looking for.  Thanks so much and have a sweet day!

2 replies
johnson6ofus Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 2:51am
post #2 of 3

Congratulations on having a direction! Don't forget to look at good culinary arts programs at local community colleges. It will be much cheaper than the Culinary Institute. I know Austin Community College has them, maybe your area does too! Others may better advise you to how much/little culinary school helped them.

You will never go wrong with a business degree that gives you a background in accounting, business practices, costing, etc. Look for mentor opportunity at your chamber of commerce too. They may have some people that advice young hopefuls for free. I think SCORE is one of them?

Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 6:11am
post #3 of 3

It sounds like you're doing a great job educating yourself in baking.  Many if not most of the most awesome bakers here are self taught. What you need is the business side. Here's SCORE:

Quote by @%username% on %date%