Mud Cake ?

Baking By Gilly44 Updated 11 Mar 2016 , 7:01pm by Gilly44

Gilly44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gilly44 Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 8:53am
post #1 of 3

Hello to all you fellow bakers out there. 

As a recent newbie to this forum I am throughly enjoying reading all your threads , they are making  very interesting reading, and giving me plenty to think about. I have one query today. I have a wedding cake to make in September and at the moment going through all the possibilities of which cake with which filling to give me some idea of what  I can do. Luckily I have been given the go ahead as to which cake bla bla bla. So could I use either a Dark or White chocolate mud cake as an option to one of the cake tiers, and coukd  you cover it with fondant. ?. This type of type cake will go down really well here.

Just one other question... Am I the only one who struggles to sleep at night because all I'm thinking about is ....CAKE and how to decorate . :)) 

Your  advice will be much appreciated. 

Happy baking! X 

2 replies
bakemeenchanted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeenchanted Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 3

Hi @Gilly44 ‍ ! Welcome to the forum!

I think a mud cake will be fine for stacking and for covering with fondant. Not to mention delicious!

There's a great channel on YouTube called Cake Style. They use mud cakes for a lot of their tutorials and they share their recipes on their website. Mostly they frost with ganache before covering with fondant, but they use buttercream as well. You might like to check it out.

and oh the number of times I have literally gotten out of bed and turned on my computer to look up something cake related or just stare at pictures!

It's the world's prettiest and yummiest black hole! Just sucks you in and never let's go, lol!

Gilly44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gilly44 Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you Bakemeenchanted for you quick reply to my post. I will take a look at the YouTube Chanel...Cake style, sounds good. I love baking and I'm very excited about the up and coming wedding cake. Glad I'm not the only person being dragged into that yummy black hole. I'm also lovely making pretty Petit fours...oh god there so much I want to bake now, I'm totally addicted.

Thank again for your reply, and I wish you have fun going down that black hole. :)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%