My Home Cake Business Name

Business By Xeina Updated 12 Mar 2016 , 11:30am by -K8memphis

Xeina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xeina Posted 8 Mar 2016 , 6:18am
post #1 of 10

Hello all,

I'm really grateful joining Cake Central since I'm planning to start my home cake business soon and I feel lost sometimes satisfied.png
but thanks to you and to this website where I can find an answer for almost every question comes up in my mindrelaxed.png 

I wanted to consult you choosing a name for my business, it's going to be in an Arabic country where most of the home cake decorators sell their cakes via social media (Facebook & Instagram) and mostly they call their pages with their names.. I mean if her name is Janna, she calls her business as "Janna Cake"... Well, I don't prefer this way as it's so traditional... I'm trying to be different somehow....

Sorry for the long introduction :D I like three names "Vanilla"  ,"Caramel" or "Caramella",I prefer simple names that are easy to remember, and they really trigger sweets craving :D . Also, those names are pronounced the same way in both languages;English and Arabic....what do you think about them?and  which one sounds better for you?

Thank you 

9 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Mar 2016 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 10

I don't quite get what you mean. Your business will have the name "VANILLA"? Like "Where did you get the cake from, it's delicious! ?- Oh that one is from vanilla."

Or do you mean "vanilla cake"? But that would sound like all you do is ONLY vanilla.

Idk. I would either incorporate in the name what exactly you are doing/ specialize in (f.e.cake pops, cookies) or find a fun/ catchy name that people don't forget (but still relates to your business).

Also check if domain is available! 

Good luck

Xeina Posted 9 Mar 2016 , 4:20am
post #3 of 10

Thank you @julia1812... I'm planning to produce cakes, cupcakes and cookies... Well, the name would be "Vanilla Delights", "Vanilla Goodies" or "Vanilla Cake House".... Vanilla is a common ingredient in cake industry, that doesn't mean it's the only flavor I'd provide... often, they call their businesses "Blueberry" or "Cherries" while they provide a variety of other flavors or ingredients...

Now, I'm thinking to use Lemon Blossom Cakes & Cupcakes .. what do you think?

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Mar 2016 , 8:55am
post #4 of 10

Lemon Blossom Cakes & Cupcakes sounds really nice.  It evokes images of things pleasant to look at and smell.  Very complimentary to a bakery. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Mar 2016 , 12:06pm
post #5 of 10

ooh you could do a logo of a daisy like flower with a lemon for the center and the stem planted in/growing up out of a cupcake 

-K8memphis Posted 9 Mar 2016 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 10

on your page of 'flavors' you could do a different visual in the middle of the daisy  for each different choice -- some chocolate chips, a raspberry, a banana, etc.

or make the daisy coming out of a jar of peanut butter or make the stem a shaft of vanilla --

just some brainstorming type ideas  -- not that you'd use them all but just to use as kindling to possibly spark other ideas...

-K8memphis Posted 9 Mar 2016 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 10

or the cupcake growing up on the end of the stem that's planted in a lemon...

-K8memphis Posted 9 Mar 2016 , 12:21pm
post #8 of 10

and showing an underground visual of all the other ingredients you use that will 'grow' a cupcake -- could be an interesting visual for your home page if it's done right--

again just 'brainstorm' type ideas -- using the word blossom as a verb 

best to you

Xeina Posted 12 Mar 2016 , 3:59am
post #9 of 10

@-K8memphis ‍, those are really great ideas to apply,I am a graphic designer so I can work on them :)

thank you!

-K8memphis Posted 12 Mar 2016 , 11:30am
post #10 of 10

thank you -- i'm glad to hear that you're a graphic designer & you got what i meant -- hope your business blossoms beautifully

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%